Saturday 27 September 2014

Less confusion ...More practice...


Week 3


This week was surprisingly more simple and easy to understand. Prof. Larry's examples make things very easy and I'm pretty sure I'm going to use the example of red Ferrari quite often now. 
Like I mentioned earlier, being in MAT137 definitely helps as everything we covered this week has been covered in calculus, and I've already learnt things like Venn diagram, conjunction and disjunction in high school. 
Negation is however something that still confuses me. I still haven't got the hang of exactly how to do it. Certain times I get it right and other time when the answer seems simple enough, it still turns out wrong. So far negation seems to be the only thing that frustrates me the most. 
The truth tables helped greatly and cleared some small doubts. 
The laws seemed simple enough as I have learnt them in high school boolean algebra. 

I hope to clear my doubts in negation as soon as possible as they seem to be a major part of the assignement. 

(So glad I took MAT137 and CSC165 together ! )

2 comments: